SummitMedia Knoxville, TN is seeking a Full-Time on-air personality to be live on Star 102.1. We are identifying competitive individuals with a proven track record of creativity and over-achieving. In return, we offer a career opportunity with an innovative and stimulating work environment with one of the best teams in the business.
Serving the largest and most loyal audience of listeners and clients in East Tennessee–the four-station group of Star 102.1, Hot 104.5, Q100.3 The Wolf, and Classic Hits WNOX–offers the best training, resources, benefits, and support to its family of employees. The Knoxville group strives to maintain the highest level of excellence while staying on the forefront of the most advance technologies. We embrace our successes and are laser focused on future growth in each of our programming, sales, digital, and promotional departments.
- Are you an air talent who lives to entertain and engage with people?
- Does your content speak to an 18-34-year-old audience?
- Is your brain brimming with creative ideas? Are you a good writer?
- Do you love and follow pop culture?
- Can you work phones and other channels of interactivity with your listeners?
- Do you want to grow as a personality—maybe do mornings some day?
- Are you passionate about social media?
- Are you excited by personal appearances?
Experience with Wide Orbit automation, video creation and editing, and imaging is a plus!
Duties include nightly and weekend air shift (Knoxville), voice track/real-time breaks, production, remotes and appearances. One-year commercial on-air experience required, two years preferred.
- Perform a live on-air shift following station format guidelines and requirements, including operating all audio consoles, broadcast automation equipment, EAS equipment, and computers as necessary
- May announce artists or title of performance and identify station and make public appearances.
- Voice track segments as required
- Daily contributions to station social media efforts including, but not limited to: Facebook posts, daily blog, Twitter feeds, posting to station web site, podcasts and producing video segments for the web site.
- Follow all FCC rules, EAS requirements, state and federal laws, and company policies.
- Follow and maintain radio station commercial, program, and transmitter logs as required
- Effectively work in a team environment to develop and maintain positive rapport with other staff members, management, clients, and listeners
- Identify trends and recommend improvements based on market knowledge and trends.
- Provide quality service and assistance to all customers, potential customers, employees and vendors on an ongoing basis.
- Operate control board, audio recording, and production equipment during radio broadcasts
- Screen listener phone calls
- Operate control board during live show remotes
- Edit live spots
Education: Bachelor’s degree in radio broadcasting or related field preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- An energetic, engaging personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Good voice quality that includes clear enunciation.
- Ability to present your perspectives and insights in an entertaining and creative way.
- Ability to connect and relate personally with the target audience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and detail orientation.
- Operate studio equipment.
- General knowledge of radio station operation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Understanding of the sales process.
- Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Web proficient
- Valid driver’s license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).
Apply online at: summitmediacorp.com/employment. Send resume and air check to: Gravy@summitmediacorp.com
SummitMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of SummitMedia. to provide equal employment opportunity to al l qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency