SummitMedia LLC is looking for a dynamic, Group National Sales Manager (GNSM) for its 50 Stations in nine markets. The GNSM will be responsible for creating the corporate national sales strategy for SummitMedia, given SummitMedia’s recent expansion. The GNSM will lead the national sales efforts by being instrumental in developing relations deep relationships with Rep Firms, National Advertising Agencies, and Executives of the biggest national advertisers. Assist National Reps in prospecting, developing and maintaining existing advertisers, as well as developing new national business, as well as face to face meetings to assure established market sales goals are met.
Who We Are:
SummitMedia LLC based in Birmingham, AL has the Top-rated stations in nine markets; Birmingham, AL, Richmond, VA, Knoxville, TN, Greenville, SC, Louisville, KY, Springfield, MO, Wichita, KS, Omaha, NE and Honolulu, HI stations along with top digital assets and multiple entertainment events.
Who You Are:
• Expert. You have a deep understanding of the following: corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, cause marketing, advertising, profit partnerships.
• Experienced. You have a proven track record of building win/win partnerships that have generated significant revenue while meeting your partner’s business goals.
• Fluent in corporate communications. You are comfortable talking and working with senior corporate leaders and can understand their priorities. You know how to write, marketing plans, build pitch decks and develop compelling proposals that excite the reader.
• Relationship builder. You understand relationships are at the core of any successful partnership and instinctively know how to build strong business and personal relationships. You are a natural collaborator, curious, and believe that for you to win, the team must win.
• Passionate. You care about the community. You care about clients. You care about our listeners…You want to come to work and feel inspired every day.
• Deal closer. When you tell people about things, they become interested. You know how to negotiate, how to position a pitch in the best possible light, and how to find solutions that turn a no into a yes.
• Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
• Inspirational. You love working with people and know how to excite them about the opportunities. You love brainstorming to come up with big, inspiring ideas.
• Organized and efficient. You know how to manage multiple complex projects meeting tight deadlines. You work smart, not hard.
• Analytical. You are driven by data. You believe and know how to gather data that improves decision making. You like coming up with big ideas as much as you like testing them. You know the value of creating best practices as much as you believe in iterating on those practices.
• Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
• Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals with emphasis on selling to rep firms, national advertising agencies and national advertisers directly using our stations, events, digital marketing, NTR, station features and anything you can imagine.
• Attend high profile account presentations.
• Work with all markets to create and maximize events, NTR, and promotional and product opportunities.
• Manage all station key and target national accounts with a personal touch.
• Participate in market meetings and training sessions.
• Manage and monitor station inventory for best opportunities.
• Identify and monitor sales trends locally, nationally, and recommend action steps.
• Manage administrative functions connected with forecasting revenue, rate and pricing.
• Develop and build relationships with clients by providing quality customer service.
• Lead communication with all markets to assure quality service when placing orders and arranging promotions.
• Develop creative, solution oriented, customer-focused revenue programs and ancillary sales projects Keep current advertisers as well as prospects informed about programming, pricing, packages, special opportunities, market research and trends, maintains frequent personal contact with spot offices, agencies and regional clients.
• 10 years of experience in national broadcast sales and/or local broadcast sales required with a proven track record of success in all aspects of the radio industry.
• 2 years of experience in a national rep firm required with a proven track record of radio sales success.
• Proficient in all aspects of radio and digital sales, including use of quantitative/qualitative research, event development, and multiple-platform/integrated sales expertise.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and social interaction skills.
• Familiar with budget procedures, daily sales accountability and recognition programs, inventory management and collections procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms.
• Highly developed skills including; skills in organization, delegating, communicating a vision and values, strategic decision making, building partnerships internally and externally.
• Demonstrate high energy level and achievement-oriented attitude toward sales, continuing education, and client relation.
• Excellent presentation skills including customer focused selling experience preferred.
• Flexible and creative.
• Digitally savvy.
• Able to travel 5 to 10 days a month.
If interested in applying for this position, please forward a resume to SummitMedia LLC Birmingham Attn: Michelle Moore, 2700 Corporate Drive, Suite 115, Birmingham, Alabama 35242, or forward electronically to Michelle.Moore@Summitmediacorp.com.
It is the policy of SummitMedia LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.