SummitMedia is looking for a dynamic, energetic success driven General Sales Manager to lead one of the most dominant media groups in the country with a long history of ratings and revenue success that tracks back for decades. The candidate that will lead this group understands customer and client service, advertising objectives, prospecting new business and identifying, developing and motivating top-tier sales professionals.
- The right candidate must possess a strong desire to win, lead by example and have a track record of revenue success!
- Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals with an emphasis on customer-focused selling, driving revenue from new direct, events, digital marketing, NTR, station features and major account sales.
- Successful track record of success in developing go to market strategies for selling sports
- Ability to recruit and hire the best, train, coach, and manage high-performance Sales talent and build a successful team to ensure continued top-line growth
- Develop and build relationships with clients by providing top quality customer service
- Lead communication with other departments to assure quality service
- Manager inventory and pricing across 5-station cluster
- Leads development of solid sales promotions and NTR events and leads the charge in holding AEs accountable for delivering on forecasted sales goals
- Create a productive work environment leading employee through our mission, vision and values.
- Develops Annual sales budgets, bottom up approach by account from the sales team, also forecasts monthly for 3-month period with 3-5% accuracy.
- Develops expenses budgets and holds team accountable to staying at our below targets.
- 5+ years of experience in broadcast sales, sales management and mentoring experience preferred with a proven track record of success in the radio industry
- Proficient in all aspects of radio and digital sales, including use of quantitative/qualitative research, event development, and multiple-platform/integrated sales expertise
- Proven history of developing training and motivating highly successful salespeople that work well together in a great team atmosphere
- Ability to build strong long-lasting relationships internally and with our customers
What We Offer:
SummitMedia serves the largest and most loyal audience of listeners and clients in Nebraska and Western Iowa – the popular four music stations of Z-92 (Everything that Rocks), Star 104.5 (80s til Now), CD 105.9 (The Classic Rock Station), Channel 94.1 (Omaha’s #1 Hit Music Station) along with “Omaha’s ESPN Radio” of AM 590 – our stations speak for themselves through their strong and determined commitment to be the top stations in the region. From the Todd N’ Tyler Radio Empire on Z92 to the Big Party Show on Channel 94.1, our stations each offer something unique that make them standout in the industry and provide an easy platform to entice clients to market their business with.
By being in the great state of Nebraska, we have the privilege of being the “Home for Husker Sports”. We air Husker, Football, Volleyball, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball and Baseball games and provide Husker news on hit stations Z92, CD 105.9, and AM ESPN 590. Our Husker connection gives us an advantage that helps us stand out from our competitors by being able to sell the passion and love of Husker sports to our listeners.
We offer the best opportunities, from our wide variety and popularity of stations, to best meet the needs of our clients. Our employees receive all the tools they need to succeed – top tier training, high-end resources, benefits, and the necessary support to its family of employees. Not only are our employees well versed in sales, programming, and promotion; but our employees also receive great skills in the digital world. We have a strong digital department that offers many opportunities for our account executives to sell on a new, fresh, and fast-growing popular platform.
- If interested in finding out more about this position, please forward a resume to SummitMedia Omaha electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the policy of Summit Media, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
- Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.
- Please send Qualifications to:
10714 Mockingbird dr.
Omaha, NE 68127
Attn: Eric Lotzer