SummitMedia is looking for a Full-Time On-Air personality for WKHT-FM/Hot 104.5 in Knoxville, TN.
Are you a person who loves to entertain and engage with people?
- Does your content speak to an 18-34-year-old audience?
- Are you full of creative, out-of-the-box ideas that you can bring to life on and off-air?
- Do you embrace innovation and like to try out new ideas whenever possible?
- Does creative writing come naturally to you?
- Do you follow and love the ins and outs of pop culture?
- Can you work phones and other channels of interactivity with your listeners?
- Are you passionate about social media and do you interact heavily on platforms including Snapchat and Instagram?
- Are you excited by personal appearances and/or on-stage opportunities?
- Does creating off-air audio/video content for social media and other platforms like Alexa and podcasting interest you?
Duties include live weekday and weekend air shift, plus, production, remotes, and appearances. Position has opportunity to expand to include Music Director title, so music scheduling experience a plus, especially with Music Master software. Previous audio production experience is helpful, as is video editing experience. One-year commercial on-air experience preferred, but not required.
Email application, resume and aircheck to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
The Radio On-Air Personality hosts a show during a specific timeslot.? Has oversight on show strategy, content,?show segments and execution?in partnership with the Radio Producer and Program Director. Responsible for entertaining and engaging listening audience via prepared content pertinent to the target demographic to drive ratings of the show.?
- Prepare and deliver news, sports, and/or weather reports, gathering and rewriting material so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots.
- Announce musical selections, station breaks, commercials, or public service information, and accept requests from listening audience.
- Read news flashes to inform audiences of important events.
- Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, using memorized or read scripts, and/or ad-libs.
- Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Discuss various topics over the telephone with viewers or listeners.
- Execute and assist with games, contests, or other on-air competitions, performing such duties as asking questions and awarding prizes.
- Provide commentary and conduct interviews during sporting events, parades, conventions, and other events.
- Host civic, charitable, or promotional events that are broadcast over radio.
- Keep daily program logs to provide information on all elements aired during broadcast, such as musical selections and station promotions.
- Select program content, in conjunction with producers and assistants, based on factors such as program specialties, audience tastes, or requests from the public.
- Study background information in order to prepare for programs or interviews.
- Record commercials for later broadcast.
- Locate guests to appear on talk or interview shows.
- Make promotional appearances at public or private events in order to represent their employers.
- Attend press conferences in order to gather information for broadcast.
Depending on the market, may be required to perform the following additional duties:
- Operate control board, audio recording, and production equipment during radio broadcasts
- Screen listener phone calls
- Operate control board during live show remotes
- Bachelor’s degree in radio broadcasting preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of show on-air experience
- Experience with digital production programs and equipment
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Good voice quality that includes clear enunciation.
- Ability to present your perspectives and insights in an entertaining and creative way.
- Ability to connect with the audience.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- High work ethic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and detail orientation.
- Operate studio equipment.
- General knowledge of radio station operation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of radio sales process.
- Knowledge and passion for music.
- Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficient in basic production skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Web proficient
- An energetic, engaging personality
- Valid driver’s license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability).
SummitMedia, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.