Board-Op/Radio Promotions Assistant (Part-time)
Are you a person who loves music, sports, events and social media? Are you a natural entertainer and enjoy meeting new people? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a radio personality? SummitMedia Omaha is searching for people who want to learn new skills with an opportunity for growth in our expanding radio and media business. We’re looking for people who have a great work ethic, are reliable, accountable and energetic. We are committed to finding great people and developing their talents.
· Operate the control board.
· Read and follow program logs
· Screen listener phone calls.
· Run live show remotes.
· Assisting and coordinating in the areas of the promotions department, which include, image, appearances, station merchandising, and community and public relations.
· Set up and breakdown of promotional material used for on-site promotion events.
· Ensure promotions/contests are executed properly.
· Interact with listeners in a professional manner.
· Responsible for the upkeep and equipment on station vehicles
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Execute on air radio traffic reports.
· High School degree required.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Working knowledge and understanding of radio.
· Prior operational radio or promotional experience preferred.
· Experience with digital production and all-inclusive on-air computer systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to operate studio and assigned technical equipment.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Computer proficiency.
· Strong social media skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to execute and maximize the impact of promotional opportunities for the station.
· Work effectively in a team environment.
· Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
If interested in finding out more about this position, please forward a resume to SummitMedia Omaha electronically to email@example.com. It is the policy of Summit Media, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection,
promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.