Are you a person who loves music, sports, events and social media? Are you a natural entertainer and enjoy meeting new people? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a radio personality? SummitMedia Omaha is looking to hire enthusiastic Radio Station Promotions Assistants/Brand Ambassadors to help represent our brands during remotes, events and on social platforms.
As a successful candidate, you will be involved in increasing brand awareness and sales by promoting our radio stations through various station and client events as well as through social media channels. If you enjoy communicating with listeners both online and offline, we would like to meet you.
This position will also have duties in the radio programming side of our business. You will help execute live remote broadcasts and be a part of long form sports broadcasts such as Nebraska athletics programming.
You will work closely with our promotions, programming, and sales teams to achieve cluster wide marketing goals and objectives, such as communicating the value of our stations, our clients, and our promotional events to listeners, representing our brands at events, on-air, and in the digital world.
To excel in this role, you will have excellent communication and networking skills, as well as a strong presence on social media. Previous experience as a brand ambassador or similar role is strongly desired, as well as knowledge of sales and marketing principles. We’re looking for people who are outgoing, have a great work ethic, are reliable, accountable and energetic. We are committed to finding great people and developing their talents.
• Assisting and coordinating in the areas of the promotions department, which include, image, appearances, station merchandising, and community/public relations.
• Set up and breakdown of promotional material used for on-site promotion events.
• Ensure promotions/contests are executed properly.
• Interact with listeners in a fun and outgoing, professional manner.
• Responsible for the upkeep and equipment on station vehicles
• Operate the control board in-studio for station broadcasts.
• Read and follow program logs
• Screen listener phone calls.
• Run live show remotes.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Execute on air radio traffic reports.
• High School degree required.
• Bachelor’s degree (or working towards a bachelor’s degree) in broadcasting, marketing, communications, psychology, or theater preferred, but not required. Experience:
• Working knowledge and understanding of radio preferred.
• Prior operational radio or promotional experience preferred.
• Experience with digital production and all-inclusive on-air computer systems preferred. Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to operate studio and assigned technical equipment.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to lift and set up equipment up to 50 lbs
• Computer proficiency.
• Strong social media skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to execute and maximize the impact of promotional opportunities for the station.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
• Prior experience in audio editing, video editing, and photography is highly valued.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
If interested in finding out more about this position, please forward a resume to SummitMedia Omaha electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is the policy of Summit Media, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.