Summit Media Group-Richmond is currently seeking a Full Time Promotions Director to assist with Radio stations Sales and Marketing efforts. This position will work to manage and direct the promotion, contesting and public relations of the station to our listeners and clients including events, contests, marketing approaches, recaps, and proposals. Promotions Director creates a station image that helps attract new listeners and clients. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• 2 years Full time Radio Promotional and On-Air experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Promosuite, Promosuite Next or vPromotion, Adobe, and Microsoft Office strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, organizational and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.
• Must be highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong understanding of the Country music brand and lifestyle
• Must stay informed of competitor, market, and industry trends to propose new ideas, provide strategic recommendations to educate team and department.
• Lead and attend meetings/brainstorm/planning sessions for promotions and marketing
• Must coordinate and positively represent station at community events, promotions, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the press, broadcast media, vendors, and community leaders to ensure press releases, print advertisements and TV cross promotion.
• Must be a team player with a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally.
• Supervise station contests including originating or adapting ideas, arranging prizes and listener events, maintaining accurate records of contestants, ensuring contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and the law.
• Ability to attend offsite meetings, community events, or promotions whenever necessary, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Strong social media skills with the ability to manage an organic social media strategy
Summit Media Group-Richmond is currently seeking a Full Time Promotions Director to assist with Radio stations Sales and Marketing efforts while being a part of a successful team. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers.Richmond@summitmediacorp.com or send via snail mail to Summit Media Corp. 812 Moorefield Park Drive, Suite 300, Richmond, VA 23236. No calls please. Summit Media Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Summit Media to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.