SummitMedia LLC, Springfield is looking for an inspirational, experienced, and accomplished General Sales Manager to lead and inspire our advertising sales efforts. You must have a passion for sales, promotions, digital media, broadcast & streaming audio, and innovation.
What You’ll Do: The person in this role will influence the revenue growth of our highly regarded radio stations by increasing existing business and converting new business. They will also be responsible for pushing forward revenue of over the air, streaming, digital, social, event and promotions.
• You must be a sales leader and have the skill and drive to motivate in today’s changing (and semi-remote) environment, inspire a sales team to success and contribute innovative ideas to generate revenue
• Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives by impacting people (account executives and clients.)
• Hold sales team accountable to all priorities, managing through internal direct reporting relationships and peer groups to drive results
• Develop, refine, and maintain discipline on a focused overall sales strategy, with specific measurable tactics and actions that generate sales & revenue
• Coach and lead the sales team to success by leaning in, providing support and removing the obstacles that might exist
• Ability to lead and train sales team in evolving media trends- including but not limited to – digital audio, attribution, data, digital
• Develop and grow relationships with clients through both individual and joint meetings with Account Executives, and develop a deep understanding of their needs in the marketplace
• Leverage our data, scale and resources to guide sound management and operational decision-making across the sales organization
• Create sales (audio, digital, experiential, etc.) opportunities that align with client needs and demand
• Own financial metrics of the department, including pricing, inventory and expense management, weekly revenue, pacing and forecasting
• Monitor competition and trends in the market
Qualifications About You:
• Minimum 3+ years General Sales Manager experience in radio and/or digital.
• Must know how to motivate in today’s changing environment, can manage inventory as well as people, and bring new ideas to generate revenue
• Must be goal-driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong background in Strategic Account Management, sales training/leadership, pricing and budgeting required.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
If interested in applying for this position, please forward a resume to SummitMedia Springfield, Attention: Janelle Moffett, 2330 W Grand Street, Springfield, MO 65802, or forward electronically to email@example.com.
It is the policy of SummitMedia, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.