Thank you for your interest in Summit Media’s Broadcast Internship Program. Our Program is designed to give first-hand, real life experience in the radio, digital and entertainment industry while earning academic credit and life experiences.
Internships enhance classroom learning through practical, career-related work experience. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and gain hands-on experiences.
How the Program Works:
· Student must provide school internship requirements at the beginning of the program.
· Student’s behavior, attendance, and attitude will be reviewed with all department leaders. All evaluations will be discussed with the student and shared with school officials.
· Spring Term is approximately 16 weeks (January – April)
· Summer Term is approximately 16 weeks (May- August)
· Fall Term is approximately 14 weeks (September –December)
During the Internship program students will be exposed and receive virtual training on the following items listed, but not limited to:
· Proposal research and creation
· Requesting bids for commercial avails, cost analysis from suppliers/vendors
· Contact with listeners and clients
· Production for commercial spot creation and/or station promos
· Work with sales on client needs analysis, sales calls, and WO Traffic system
· Work with the traffic department in scheduling commercial spots
· Work with accounting department on client collections
· Work with the programming department to learn programming in’s & out’s
· May include some local travel (if class schedule/workload permits and all Covid 19 guidelines are agreed upon and met)
During this internship, the student will become familiarized with the daily demands of a highly engaged and demanding premier local media and digital marketing solutions company. Students will work in a dynamic team environment virtually with opportunities to practice and exhibit professional behaviors and skills in areas listed, but not limited to:
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail and organization
· Assisting multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
· Mastering time management and prioritization
· Maneuvering through a fast-pace organization
· Being proactive and goal-orientated
· Exhibiting problem-solving, analytical and creative thinking skills
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Working cooperatively in a team environment